Starting from 23 August 2021, NYCU Library will adopt a new cloud-based integrated library system and discovery platform to replace the previous stand-alone NCTU, YMU, NCU, and NTHU system. The new shared library system will facilitate users to search, access and request printed and shared electronic resources from these libraries. During the system migration, every effort will be made to minimize service interruptions. Please note below the important dates for services affected.
Library Services to be Suspended during the System Migration
20 July, 2021 ~
1. Please back up the following records before 12 August, 2021 because the new system will not retain those records.
- E-Shelf Records in the Discovery & Delivery System.
- Loan History List in the Library Catalog
- Ongoing reservation records will NOT be transferred to the new system. Please back up those records from the Booking Request list in the Library Catalog and reregister those reservations in the new system.
2. Temporary suspension of new books and best-seller books notification.
2 August, 2021 ~
Self-Service Library Stations on Yangming Campus are suspended.
12 - 23 August, 2021
【The migration period】
1. The library catalog will only be available for searching purposes during the migration period.
2. Loans and returns service will be perform using the offline circulation utility. Records will be updated after the new system is online.
3. Temporary suspension for the services listed below :
- Renewal and holds
- Intercampus Library Loan Service
- Interlibrary Loan Card Service
- Closed stacks retrieval service
- Personal delivery for book requests
- Edit personal account information
- Library self-checkout machine
- Payment of overdue fees
- Claim missing issues
- Compensation for the items
- Applications for the library cards
- Signing of “The Statement of Patron's Privileges”
- Temporary suspension of UST Interlibrary Loan Service for Intercampus Document Delivery. Please apply through NDDS.
4. School clearance procedure will be done manually.
23 August, 2021
1. A new library system & OneSearch discovery platform will replace the previous library system.
2. All suspended services listed above will resume normally.
3. Please sign “The Statement of Patron's Privileges” to activate your account in the new library system.
4. Book chapter(s) or articles that are not available in school can be requested through the new library system.
5. Borrowing books and copy chapters of dissertation will remain to be requested through NDDS. Please refer to the “Interlibrary Loan” webpage for more detailed information.